Updated: May 7
Are you wondering what you can do with the Superior Stock that you have? Well it is really versatile. It can be used for countless delicious dishes.
The simplest would be to use it for your soup-based dishes, or stews. Besides that, you can use it as a cooking liquid for rice, porridge or even use it to braise chicken and vegetables.
Aunty Pek's Golden Superior Stock is an all-time favourite that brings extra flavor and nutrition to every family meal.
If you'd like to try cooking something direct from Aunty Pek's recipe book, why not try the following 3 dishes:
1. Chicken and scallop porridge
1 cup white rice (washed and left in freezer overnight)
200g Chicken breast
50g dried mushrooms soaked and shredded
40g Dried scallops soaked till soften
100g shredded carrots
20g shredded ginger
Some Spring onion and fried shallot
Salt, pepper, sesame oil, Shaoxing wine to taste
500ml Golden Superior Stock
1. Mix 1500ml of water and 500ml of Golden Superior stock to a pot, add 1 cup of white rice.
Allow it to boil.
2. Add in the dried scallops and chicken breast. Remove the chicken breast after 10 minutes, and allow the porridge to boil for another 10 minutes.
3. Shred the chicken breast.
4. Add in the mushrooms and carrots, and allow the porridge to cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Add in the shredded chicken and ginger, and allow the porridge to cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add in salt, pepper, sesame oil and Shaoxing wine to taste.
7. To complete the dish, add in spring onions and fried shallots.
Note: Stir constantly while cooking.
1. 大锅放入清水1500ml、黄金高汤500ml, 加入白米煮滚。
2. Braised Meatball with Chinese Cabbage (白菜狮子头）
1 Chinese Cabbage washed and cut
4 slices of ginger
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Hua Tiao wine
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Add in cooking oil, fry the ginger slices till fragrant.
2. Add in 500ml Golden Superior stock and 300ml water.
3. Allow the broth and water to boil before adding the Chinese cabbage.
4. Add in Aunty Pek’s frozen meat balls and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add in Hua Tiao wine, salt and pepper to taste.
4. 将肉丸子放入锅中煮15 分钟
3. Braised Bee Tai Mak (杂锦烩米台目)
440g Bee Tai Mak
150g deshelled prawns
150g sliced fish cake
150g sliced chicken (marinated with soy sauce, sesame oil, HuaTiao wine, and corn flour)
200g thinly cut Chinese cabbage
50g shredded mushroom
100g shredded carrot
2 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoon cooking oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add in cooking oil, fry the minced garlic till fragrant.
2. Add in chicken, mushrooms, prawns, shredded carrot, fish cake and stir fry till the chicken is cooked.
3. Add in the Chinese cabbage and stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add in the Bee Tai Mak and stir fry for another 5 minutes.
5. Add in the Golden Superior Stock, and allow it to cook till the broth is reduced.
6. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
无骨鸡肉150g 切片，加入少许酱油, 麻油, 花雕酒, 生粉腌制片刻
There you go, 3 great dishes to add to your next family meal. Hope you have a great memorable meal with your loved ones.
Thanks so much for supporting me, Aunty Pek. Hope to see more people going home for some wonderful and memorable home-cooked meals.